Monday, July 6, 2015

Teen Talks (1)

Teen Talks is a sporadic little feature, created by the wonderful Aneeqah from My Not So Real Life where I/whoever blogs about things relevant to teens

Summer

Summer. One word that has the power to elicit a multitude of emotions, ranging from elation to dread. I’m certainly excited for summer. I mean, who doesn’t need a break from school? But, I’m also struggling with my parents (and others) who believe that I need to do *something* amazing during the summer. Something like hang out with friends every day, but not because I must see my family sometime; something like work a lot, while somehow hanging out with friends a lot and also not going to sleep right when I get home; something like enjoy every single second that I’m out of school, but also prepare for the next school year and finish all my summer assignments. Sometimes (like the majority of the time), I just want to relax, curl up with a good book, and read. Or watch Netflix. I feel like there’s this stigma surrounding summer where teens have to be doing magical things in order to “make the most of it.” Trust me, lazing around and relax is *my* idea of fun.

I guess what I’m saying, is that summer has begun to feel like it is a competition between my peers and I to see who can do the most fun things during the summer. I don’t know, maybe its just me, but that kind of takes away from the relaxation part of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment