Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (2): 2014 Releases I Meant to Read, but didn't get to

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where you share your top ten books on a certain topic.


My Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read, but didn't get to

The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) Falling into Place Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)

  • Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey: So, I read The Fifth Wave like ages ago and I had been so pumped to read this when it first came out...and then I probably got busy and didn't have time to read it. Anyways, it looks awesome so I hope I get a chance to read it sometime soon.
  • Falling into Place by Amy Zhang: I've only heard good things about this. Also, the Goodreads blurb says that it's told in nonlinear pieces and I always love that when it's done right.
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo: I'm so sad that I didn't read this when it first came out. Now I have to find the time to go back and read the first two before I can read this one because I've forgotten a lot of what happens. I love the Grisha world and I really really love Leigh Bardugo's writing style. I can't wait to read it this year.
 
  All the Light We Cannot See  Landline Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)

  • All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: This just sounds so good! Also, its a Goodreads winner and on the front shelves at Barnes and Noble, so people must be liking it. I love novels about this time period and I think I'll really enjoy it once I get around to it.
  • Landline by Rainbow Rowell: This book, also a Goodreads winner, looks lovely. Of course, it'll be typical Rainbow Rowell style, which is marvelous. Plus, it has a little sy-fy twist with the whole time-travel concept thrown into the mix. I can't wait to finally read it.
  • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi: I feel so bad that I didn't get the chance to read this one or the second one last year. I loved the first one, so I will get around to them one day!
 
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) Anatomy of a Misfit Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) I'll Give You the Sun

  • The Young Elites by Marie Lu: I'll read anything by Marie Lu. Also, there's now three main characters instead of the two that were in her other series, so I'm interested in seeing what she did to distinguish the characters this time around. Plus, the cover looks amazing. I will definitely read it this year. (hopefully)
  • Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes: Anatomy of a Misfit seems like it would be a great contemporary/ romance-y book, but with a little grittiness thrown in there! I've heard a bunch of good things about it and am excited to hopefully read it this year!
  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor: This is another one of those cases where I'm going to have to go back and reread the first two (berating myself right now). Gosh, it just looks so good...why didn't I find the time to read this last year?
  • I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: I can't even express how pumped I am to read this book now. I was excited before it came out, but now I'm beyond excited; I'm so dang enthusiastic. Also the cover's very pretty.
What are some of your 2014 books that you planned to read, but didn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment