Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (3): Favorite Quotes

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where you share your top ten books on a certain topic.

 

Top Ten Favorite Quotes

  1. “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.
    That is the sort of bravery I must have now.” –Veronica Roth, Allegiant
  2. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  3. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  4. “You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
  5. “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
  6. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” – Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
  7. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
  8. “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.” – John Green, Paper Towns
  9. “I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.” – Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
  10. “Atque in pepetuum, frater, ave atque vale,” he whispered. The words of the poem had never seemed so fitting: Forever and ever, my brother, hail and farewell.” – Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

Bonus!!

“You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love.” – Sarah J. Maas, Heir Of Fire

To be painfully honest, compiling this list was close to impossible! I LOVE so many quotes. I kept wanting to add more and more at the end and to include authors that I didn’t think of at first!

What is your top ten favorite quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment